Tart cranberries bounce beautifully off of sweet apples, raisins, dates and persimmons, while toasted pine nuts and pecans bring their warm earthiness. The flavors of fall’s bounty have a natural contrast of flavors that there’s no need for additional seasoning in this delightful fruit medley. This recipe comes to us from Carolyn, The Health Voyager.
- 2 sweet apples, peels left on, cored and quartered
- 2 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 2 cups raisins
- 30 dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 large persimmons, diced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
This dish can be made a day ahead, but for best results if prepared in advance, add the cranberries just before serving to maintain tang.
Pulse the apple quarters in a food processor until finely chopped, but not pureed. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Add the cranberries, raisins, dates, diced persimmon, chopped pecans and toasted pine nuts to the mixing bowl. Toss until thoroughly combined and enjoy.