This creamy dip can be easily altered more spicy or sour depending on your taste. Try bringing some with cut up veggies to your Superbowl Party. This recipe comes to us from Lindsay of Cooking for a Vegan Lover.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 14 ounce can of artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 10 oz packages frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 12 ounces cream cheese alternative, at room temperature
- 12 ounces light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Dash of hot sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a large skillet over moderate heat, warm the olive oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until onion and garlic have softened.
Add the artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the lemon and cook until for another minute. Add the spinach and cook, stirring until thoroughly combined, for 1 minute more.
Add the tofu cream cheese, nutritional yeast and season with hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes, or until the dip is creamy. Transfer to a bowl and serve warm or at room temperature.