Chewy chocolate brownies at a fraction of the calories.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup less 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter or reduced calorie margarine, melted
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 ounces chopped walnuts
Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. In large bowl, with fork, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking powder. Stir in butter, egg whites, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool. Makes 8 servings.
* Nutritional Information is vaild when unsalted butter is used. Please note that information will vary when margarine is used.