- 8 red or green bell peppers, chopped
- 6 cups chopped onion
- 6 cups chopped carrots
- 16 cloves garlic, minced
- 240 oz canned black beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 quarts water
- 4 quarts vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dried oregano, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Dried thyme, crushed
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
Spray large saucepan with nonstick coating. Cook sweet pepper, onion, carrots and garlic, covered, in saucepan over medium-low heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in broth, water, beans, cilantro, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper and black pepper.
Place half of the soup mixture in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until nearly smooth. Repeat with remaining half of the mixture. Return to saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.