Light and fluffy, and nutritional too! A good source of protein in the morning.
Makes 4-6 servings (2-3 flapjacks each)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- 2 small red apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tsp walnut oil, for greasing the pan
Combine flours and baking powder then add the eggs, vanilla and water. Try to get all the lumps out, but don’t over mix. Stir in the apples last. Heat a lightly-oiled griddle over medium heat. Ladle 1/2 cup of batter into the pan and cook 2-3 minutes, until the top of the flapjack is bubbly. Flip and cook on the other side 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Continue cooking batter 1/2 cup at a time, oiling the griddle as needed.