These wonderfully seasoned russet potatoes with fresh rosemary and parsley come from Kate at pie in the sky.
- 1/4 cup plus two tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-cracked black pepper
- 2 large russet potatoes
- About 5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- About 5 whole leaves of flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Pour 1/4 cup olive oil into a 9×13 glass baking dish. Add salt and pepper and swirl to combine.
Rinse potatoes and pat dry. slice each potato into 1-inch thick rounds. Press a rosemary sprig or a parsley leaf on one side of each slice (the cut side of the ends) and place herb-side-down into the oil. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons oil over potatoes and sprinkle with salt.
Bake until potatoes are soft and nicely browned, about 40-45 minutes. Shift potatoes in pan every ten minutes to prevent sticking. When done, remove from the pan and turn herb-side up. Enjoy!