Chai tea spicesginger, cinnamon, cardamom flavor this delicious pudding.
- 5 cups skim milk
- 1 cup (6-1/2 ounces) arborio or jasmine rice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1-1/2 ounces) finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Stir milk, rice, sugar, and salt in heavy large saucepan over high heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer uncovered until pudding is thick and rice is tender, stirring frequently, about 45 minutes.
Mix in ginger, raisins and spices. Spoon warm pudding into bowls. You may wish to garnish with a cinnamon stick