Makes 4 servings
The sweet cumin vinaigrette gives this easy corn-and-bean salad an unusual flavor.
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (about 2 ears if using fresh kernels; thawed frozen corn is also good)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- salad greens
Rinse the beans well to remove excess salt (rinsing under running water for about 1 minute will remove up to 40% of the sodium). Combine beans, corn, bell pepper and onions in large bowl. Blend vinegar and honey in small bowl until smooth. Stir in salt, mustard, cumin and red pepper. Drizzle over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.