Makes 8 half-cup servings
Looking for a low-fat snack or a treat to include with brownbag lunches? Try this crunchy mix. But if you’re watching your sodium intake, please note that this recipe may be a little high in salt. You might want to substitute salt-free pretzels.
- 1-1/2 cups corn squares cereal
- 1-1/2 cups rice squares cereal
- 1 cup low-fat or fat-free pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (sugar-free syrup works well, too)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine cereal, pretzels, almonds, raisins, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well. Combine syrup, oil and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well. Slowly pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to coat evenly. Spread out on a 15×10-inch baking pan coated with vegetable cooking spray. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from oven and cool before storing in an airtight container.