Lime juice and dry white wine bounce deepen tofu’s flavor, while curry powder and ground ginger add a savory kick. Mango chutney and red grapes bring their refreshing sweetness to this tofu salad, finished off with a crunch of toasted cashews. This recipe comes to us from Sarah and Lydia of Apples & Onions.
- 1 12 ounce block extra-firm tofu, drained & chopped
- 2 cups non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup roasted, salted cashews, roughly chopped
- 6 slices pita bread, cut into triangles, for dipping
*Although mango chutney is sold pre-prepared in stores, if time allows, we suggest making your own.
Whisk the Greek yogurt, wine, lime juice and chutney together in a large bowl. Season the yogurt lime mixture with the curry powder, ground ginger and honey. Stir thoroughly to ensure all seasonings are evenly distributed.
Add the chopped celery, grapes, scallions and cilantro. Carefully fold in the tofu and mix well. Season with salt to taste.
Chill, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before serving, or until the flavors have melded together. Divide the tofu salad and pita triangles onto 6 plates, fold in the cashews and enjoy!