French lentils de puy are tossed with crunchy carrots, bell peppers and dressed with a tangy Dijon vinaigrette. Fresh parsley and thyme add herbal complexity to this thoroughly satisfying salad. This recipe comes to us from Anne of Apron Strings.
- 2 cups green lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
Place the lentils in a medium pot and cover with about 2-3 inches of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk the vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, parsley and thyme together in a separate medium bowl.
Add the carrots and bell pepper to the lentils. Dress with the Dijon Vinaigrette. Divide into 6 servings and enjoy!