Watch as Jennifer searches the farmer’s market for the makings of a perfect salad. Spicy frisée greens are sprinkled with sweet and salty candied walnuts and finished with a fried egg. This recipe comes to us from Jennifer of The Red, White, and Green.
- 1 small head frisée lettuce, washed & torn into large pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup candied walnuts
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled*
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Place frisée in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper for 1-2 minutes or until dressing is emulsified.
Toss lettuce gently with dressing and divide between two plates. Sprinkle equal amounts of goat cheese and candied walnuts onto each salad.
Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, crack both eggs in the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes or until yolk is just firm but not hard. Place one sunny-side up egg on the center of each salad and serve immediately.