Mushrooms and garlic are seasoned slightly spicy and then tossed with sun dried tomatoes, spinach and pasta. This simple supper is terrific served with a mixed green salad and crusty bread. This recipe comes to us from Trudy of Veggie.Num.Num.
- 8 oz fettuccine, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon diced bottled red chili
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 6 large flat mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup low fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup low fat non-dairy powdered milk
- 1 large bunch of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- cup parmesan cheese or nondairy parmesan, freshly grated
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 6 sun dried tomatoes, diced
Heat olive oil in a large heavy-based pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chili and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until soft and fragrant.
Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until soft and browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss well.
Reduce heat to low and add the evaporated milk. Slowly stir for about 5 minutes, or until liquid has reduced by three quarters.
Add the cooked fettuccine, spinach, parmesan, parsley and semi-dried tomatoes to the pan. Toss for 2-3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted and fettuccine is well incorporated.
Served topped with a little extra parsley and fresh cracked pepper.