A slice of this fluffy egg pie full of fresh veggies starts your day off right. The egg filling is baked to a golden-brown and embellished with bright green asparagus spears, making this breakfast as visually stunning as it is delicious. This recipe comes courtesy of Jennifer at The Red, White and Green.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon basil, finely shredded
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onions and cook 4-7 minutes until golden brown.
3. Add asparagus and cook 3-4 minutes until asparagus is bright green and slightly tender:.
4. Season onions and asparagus with salt and ground pepper.
5. Preheat the broiler.
6. Beat eggs together briefly. Ad grated pecorino romano and shredded basil to eggs.
7. Pour egg mixture over asparagus in skillet. Reduce the heat and cook 4-7 minutes until the bottom is set.
8. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until top becomes browned and puffy.
9. Loosen the frittata with a spatula and slide it onto a plate. Cut into wedges and serve with crusty bread.