From reader Giovanna Kranenberg – Description: A delicious spicy mixture of veggies and beans. Servings: 12
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 28-oz bottle of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz cans of kidney beans, drained
- 1 15-oz can of northern beans, drained
- 1 15-oz can of small red beans, drained
Put olive oil into a stockpot and heat over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, red pepper, and garlic and sauté 4 minutes. Add beans and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Notes: Tastes great served this with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream (optional) I also like to eat this by dipping scoopfuls onto sourdough bread and even served over baked potatoes. Be creative!