Makes 4 servings
A traditional accompaniment in Indian meals, kachumber is a light and refreshing vegetable salad that many prefer spicyadd chilies to taste.
- 3 cups water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (12-ounce) package extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoon miso paste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 packages instant ramen noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl; add olive oil and toss to combine. Serve immediately over mixed greens or spinach.