Our sour citrus take on ricotta mousse makes use of the entire lemon.
- 4 lemon cups from 2 lemons
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fat free whipped cream
To complete the dish:
- 1 oz dark chocolate (60% cacao or higher), melted
- 16 raspberries
* Agave (ah-Gah-vay) nectar is similar in taste & texture to honey but has a lower impact on blood sugar when compared other sweeteners. Agave can be found in the health food or specialty food aisle of most grocery stores.
Cut off the ends of two lemons so ends are flat and lemons can be placed on the table without tipping over. Cut each lemon in half. With a pairing knife, carefully cut out the lemon membrane and set aside membrane to juice and use for filling.
In a food processor combine ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice, agave nectar, and vanilla and pulse until blended.
Transfer the lemon ricotta mixture to a bowl and carefully fold in the whipped cream. Scoop out just enough of the mixture to fit in a lemon cup. Drizzle with a little bit of melted dark chocolate and top with fresh raspberries.