- Healthy Food No More Costly than Junk Food, Gov. Finds [USA Today]
- U.S. Government Urged to Fight Fat at School [Reuters]
- T.V. Time Steers Kids Towards Junk Food [TIME]
- How to Help Children Maintain a Healthy Weight [The Atlantic]
- Prolonged Sitting May Increase Women’s Diabetes Risk [MSNBC]
- Pitting Employees Against Each Other for Health [Wall Street Journal]
May 21, 2013
- Healthy Meatless Monday Grilling Tips [The Foodie Journal]
- Medical Journal: Docs Should Push Plant-Based Diets [Kaiser Permanente Journal]
- City of Vancouver Officially Endorses Meatless Monday [The Vancouver Courier]
- 5 Foods forFast Weight Loss [Forbes]
- Johns Hopkins Weight Management Center [Johns Hopkins]
- Vegetarian Diet Slashes Heart Disease Risk, Says Study [Nurse.com]
- Eating Greens May Make You More Optimistic [The Daily Mail]
- Western Diet May Cause Brain Impairment [Food Navigator]
- The Healthiest Cooking Methods Explained [TIME]
- USDA Proposes New Standards for School Snacks [The Washington Post]
Meatless Monday Morsels
Chef & Restaurant News Want to make Meatless Monday even more epic? Every Epic Burger in Chicago celebrates Mushroom Mondays each week by offering customers 20% off their Portobello sandwich combo.
Father-daughter duo, Tony and Marisa May launch Meatless Monday specials at NYC’s contemporary Italian fine dining destination SD26. Chef Matteo Bergamini serves up the best of spring’s bounty in meatless dishes like Spaghetti alla Chitarra and Vignarola.
Chow down the veggie curries at The Dhaba in Tempe, Arizona every Monday. From Vegetable Biryani to Mushroom Korma, there are tons of meatless Indian delicacies to explore each week.
Spenard Roadhouse in Anchorage, Alaska celebrates its third year in the Meatless Monday movement. Every Monday patrons have been dining on specials highlighting the best seasonal veggies The City of Lights has to offer.