Makes 8 Servings
Ensalada de Noche Buena is an amazing salad that’s become a Christmas Eve tradition in many households throughout the Southwest.
- 2 small cooked beets, peeled and diced
- 1 large cooked carrot, diced
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small jicama, peeled and diced
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 large banana, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- Seeds from 1/2 small pomegranate
Add the beets, carrots, orange, apple, jicama, pineapple, and banana to a mixing bowl. Combine lime juice, salad oil, sugar and salt in a jar with a screw top. Shake until blended and sugar has dissolved. Pour the dressing over the fruit and vegetable salad and toss gently to coat evenly. Line a large salad bowl with salad greens, spread the fruit and vegetable mix with the dressing over the greens, then garnish with peanuts and pomegranate seeds. Cover and chill until ready to serve.