- New study finds veggie intake lowers risk of cancer and heart disease [Time]
- National Fruit and Vegetable Alliance reports veggie intake has fallen in teen and adult diets [LA Times]
- The importance of dining together- not just at Thanksgiving, but everyday [Baltimore Sun]
- Mom’s mealtime tactics tied to kid’s eating habits [MSNBC]
- It’s time for recess: Just keep on moving [NY Times]
- Music-based exercise class cuts seniors’ fall risk [Reuters]
- Food Diary: Why this weight loss tactic is so effective [Huffington Post]
- Mario Batali on the future of food [Wall Street Journal]
May 13, 2013
- Medical Journal: Docs Should Push Plant-Based Diets [Kaiser Permanente Journal]
- City of Vancouver Officially Endorses Meatless Monday [The Vancouver Courier]
- 5 Foods forFast Weight Loss [Forbes]
- Johns Hopkins Weight Management Center [Johns Hopkins]
- Vegetarian Diet Slashes Heart Disease Risk, Says Study [Nurse.com]
- Eating Greens May Make You More Optimistic [The Daily Mail]
- Western Diet May Cause Brain Impairment [Food Navigator]
- The Healthiest Cooking Methods Explained [TIME]
- USDA Proposes New Standards for School Snacks [The Washington Post]
- Taking the Stairs May Have Same Health Benefits as the Gym
Meatless Monday Morsels
Chef & Restaurant NewsFather-daughter duo, Tony and Marisa May launch Meatless Monday specials at NYC’s contemporary Italian fine dining destination SD26. Chef Matteo Bergamini serves up the best of spring’s bounty in meatless dishes like Spaghetti alla Chitarra and Vignarola.
Chow down the veggie curries at The Dhaba in Tempe, Arizona every Monday. From Vegetable Biryani to Mushroom Korma, there are tons of meatless Indian delicacies to explore each week.
Spenard Roadhouse in Anchorage, Alaska celebrates its third year in the Meatless Monday movement. Every Monday patrons have been dining on specials highlighting the best seasonal veggies The City of Lights has to offer.
PM Steamers introduces its Lake Michigan clientele to the Meatless Monday movement with weekly specials highlighting the best seasonal veggies on pizzas, pastas and in salads. As a bonus for starting the week without meat, PM Steamers shares the recipes of the Meatless Monday specials so customers can recreate the delicious, healthy meals in their own kitchens.