Makes 4 servings
A hearty pancake that’s just perfect when you’re in the mood for breakfast – any time of day. Plus, this recipe includes no dairy or eggs, so it’s suitable for vegans.
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/3 cups soy milk (plain or vanilla flavored)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar
In a large bowl, sift flours and all dry ingredients together. In another bowl mix wet ingredients. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Oil a griddle and pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until golden brown on both sides.