Makes 4 servings (serving size: one half muffin)
There’s no need for McFood once you master this really simple recipe. And once you do, you may even want to experiment a bit, substituting a nice hot salsa for the tomato slices.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup (8 ounces) egg substitute
- 2 whole-wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
Preheat the broiler. Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and put on medium heat. When the skillet is heated, pour in egg substitute. Cook just until the eggs set then stir and cook another 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place toasted muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet with cut sides facing up. Top each with 1/4 of the scrambled eggs, 1 tomato slice and 2 tablespoons cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes, until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives and serve.