- 8 lbs uncooked pasta
- 4 quart canned diced tomatoes, undrained (No. 10 can plus 14.5 oz can)
- 48 oz canned tomato paste
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 6 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 6 cups onion, sliced
- 4 cups zucchini cut into chunks
- 4 cups bell pepper, sliced (about 4)
- 4 cups red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup garlic, chopped (about 16 cloves)
- 16 bay leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tsp of each: salt, thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano
- 1 quart water
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp sugar
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta and set to the side.
In another large pot, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, broccoli, carrots, onion, zucchini, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, garlic, water, bay leaves, olive oil, basil, rosemary, oregano, theme, salt, pepper, and sugar.
Heat to just boiling; cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook until all vegetables are tender, approx. 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Toss vegetable mix and pasta together. Season with salt and pepper.