Avocados are mashed and seasoned with basil, cumin, jalapeños, scallions and lime juice. Sweet tart pomegranate seeds play well off the nutty avocado base and make this guacamole gourmet. This recipe comes to us from Jen of Domestic Divas.
- 2 avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
Place the avocados in a medium-sized bowl and gently mash with a fork, stopping when the mixture is still chunky.
Add the pomegranate seeds and basil to the bowl. Season with the cumin, jalepenos, green onions, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Taste for seasoning, adjust if desired, and enjoy!