Spicy radishes bring big flavors to this creamy crunchy sandwich. The sharp radish taste is balanced with briny black olives and mellowed with Neufchatel cheese.
This recipe comes to us from Rebecca of Ezra Poundcake.
- 1 cup radishes, trimmed
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives or scallions
- Splash of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 5 black olives, sliced or chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Your choice of bread
- arugula, to taste
- 4 black olives*, for garnish
Place the radishes in a food processor and pulse until they are finely chopped.
In a small bowl, stir the cheese to loosen. Add the radishes, parsley, chives and just enough lemon juice to make the mixture spreadable. Stir to combine.
Gently fold in the capers and black olives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, spread the radish filling on one slice of bread, top it with arugula, and complete the sandwich with another slice of bread. Spear the garnish olive with a toothpick if using, insert into the sandwich and enjoy.