Makes 4 servings
Garbanzo beans give this antipasto salad the hearty flavor of southern Italy. It’s easy to toss together and makes a perfect al fresco lunch.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 red pepper, cut in strips
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1/4 cup black olives (pitted), drained and sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced (or 1 teaspoon dry)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Optional garnish – 4 ounces thinly sliced veggie pepperoni or salami
Combine the chickeas, artichoke hearts, pepper slices, and olives in a large salad bowl. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl (or add everything to a jar and just shake to blend). Pour the dressing over the veggies and toss to mix well. Add thinly sliced veggie pepperoni or salami as garnish if you like. Serve immediately.
Antipasto Salad with Chickpeas
Servings per Recipe:Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat: 113
Total Fat: 12.6g
Saturated Fat: 1.7g
Dietary Fiber: 9g
The FDA recommends 2000 calories a day as a reasonable average guideline for most adults. Click here to learn how you can use the Monday 2000 to reset the calorie budget you have to spend each day. For specific calorie recommendations based on your age, metabolism and medical history, consult your doctor or nutritionist.