Artichoke hearts and olives produce a delicious briny flavor which comes to life when mixed with the sweet Italian pairing of roma tomatoes and fresh basil. Try this contemporary salsa with baked pita chips or cut up veggies. This recipe comes to us from Patrice of Circle B Kitchen.
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese*
Mix the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, red onion, olives, garlic and basil together in a medium sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir the grated cheese into the salsa if using. Add enough olive oil so that the salsa reaches desired consistency.
Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving, or until flavors have melded to preference.
Artichoke Olive Salsa
Servings per Recipe: 16Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat: 10
Total Fat: 1.1g
Saturated Fat: .1g
Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends 2000 calories a day as a reasonable average guideline for most American adults. Click here to learn how you can use the Monday 2000 to reset the calorie budget you have to spend each day. For specific calorie recommendations based on your age, metabolism and medical history, consult your doctor or nutritionist.