Makes 4 servings
This hearty salad packs well and can be served at room temperature – or lightly chilled, straight from your picnic cooler. Feel free to use a spicy tomato-vegetable juice blend in the dressing if you’d like a bit more bite.
- 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup tomato-vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed well and drained
- 8 ounces fat free mozzarella cheese, cubed
Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until tender (will take about 10 minutes) then drain well. Whisk together the tomato juice, vinegar, mustard, oil, basil, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the drained potatoes to the dressing and toss to coat well. Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, beans and mozzarella cheese then toss again. Ready to serve at room temperature or refrigerate to chill slightly.
This Recipe's Ingredients:Basil, Beans, Cherry, Potato, Red Onion, Red Pepper, Tomato, Yellow Pepper
Bean, Potato & Mozzarella Salad
Servings per Recipe: 4Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat:
Total Fat: 4.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.6g
Dietary Fiber: 8g
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends 2000 calories a day as a reasonable average guideline for most American adults. Click here to learn how you can use the Monday 2000 to reset the calorie budget you have to spend each day. For specific calorie recommendations based on your age, metabolism and medical history, consult your doctor or nutritionist.