Makes 4 Servings
Apple juice concentrate and Dijon mustard make a fat-free dressing for this elegant autumn salad.
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium beets, boiled, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 large Bartlett pears (about 1 pound), quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 heads of Belgian endive, thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
In a large bowl, whisk together the apple juice concentrate, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
Add the cooked beets, pears and endive, then toss to combine.
Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top and enjoy.
Beet, Pear & Endive Salad
Servings per Recipe:Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat:
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: <1g
Dietary Fiber: 5g
The FDA recommends 2000 calories a day as a reasonable average guideline for most adults. Click here to learn how you can use the Monday 2000 to reset the calorie budget you have to spend each day. For specific calorie recommendations based on your age, metabolism and medical history, consult your doctor or nutritionist.