Chewy chocolate brownies at a fraction of the calories.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup less 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter or reduced calorie margarine, melted
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 ounces chopped walnuts
Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. In large bowl, with fork, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking powder. Stir in butter, egg whites, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool. Makes 8 servings.
* Nutritional Information is vaild when unsalted butter is used. Please note that information will vary when margarine is used.
This Recipe's Ingredients:Chocolate
Servings per Recipe:Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat: 79
Total Fat: 8.9g
Saturated Fat: 3.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9g
The FDA recommends 2000 calories a day as a reasonable average guideline for most adults. Click here to learn how you can use the Monday 2000 to reset the calorie budget you have to spend each day. For specific calorie recommendations based on your age, metabolism and medical history, consult your doctor or nutritionist.