Makes 6 servings
Nothing like the smell of waffles to get everyone out of bed. These freeze well for popping in the toaster on those rushed mornings.
- 1/2 a banana or 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Coat waffle iron with cooking spray. Preheat the waffle iron.
- Mash banana. Mix buttermilk, mashed banana (or applesauce), honey, egg and oil in medium bowl.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, corn, baking soda, baking powder.
- Mix well and blend with buttermilk mixture.
- Spoon batter into waffle iron according to manufacture directions.
- Bake 5 minutes or until waffle is golden brown.
- To freeze stack, separated by wax paper. Pack in freezer bags. To use, heat in toast oven or toaster.
Servings per Recipe: 6Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat:
Total Fat: 4.5g
Saturated Fat: 1.1g
Dietary Fiber: 4.2g
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends 2000 calories a day as a reasonable average guideline for most American adults. Click here to learn how you can use the Monday 2000 to reset the calorie budget you have to spend each day. For specific calorie recommendations based on your age, metabolism and medical history, consult your doctor or nutritionist.