Makes 6 servings
It’s hard to find ANYONE who doesn’t like lasagna. And once you’ve thrown together the ingredients, your work is pretty much done. No need to hover over the stove. Plus it’s very forgiving! It can easily be left in a low-temperature oven to stay warm when someone’s running late. Reheats well, too.
- 6-8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1-1/2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup low fat goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Boil lasagna noodles according to the directions on the box.
3. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan or skillet over high heat. Sauté carrots, onions, garlic and broccoli in olive oil for about 5 minutes, or until tender, and set aside.
4. Combine mozzarella, goat and cottage cheeses in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
5. In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat, then whisk in flour. When thoroughly mixed, add milk and whisk until well blended. Turn heat up to high, cover and heat until boiling.
6. Uncover and stir constantly over high heat for about 5 minutes, or until mixture is thick.
7. When mixture is thick, take off heat and season with pepper and add 1/8 cup of Parmesan. Stir until smooth and mix in the spinach. Set aside 1/2 cup to use for the top layer of the lasagna.
8. Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup of the spinach mixture on the bottom. Next, then lay 2-3 lasagna noodles over the spinach mixture (you may need to cut noodles to fit the pan).
9. Pour half the cheese mixture followed by half of the remaining spinach mixture over the noodle layer.
10. Spread half the carrot-onion-broccoli mixture over that, then add another layer of noodles.
11. Pour rest of the cheese mixture followed by the rest of the remaining spinach mixture on top of the noodles.
12. Spread the rest of the carrot-onion-broccoli mixture over that, then top with a layer of noodles.
13. Spread the reserved 1/2 cup of the spinach mixture over the noodles and sprinkle with 1/8 cup parmesan cheese.
14. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Lotsa Green Lasagna
Servings per Recipe:Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat: 102
Total Fat: 11.4g
Saturated Fat: 6.4g
Dietary Fiber: 3.3g
The FDA recommends 2000 calories a day as a reasonable average guideline for most adults. Click here to learn how you can use the Monday 2000 to reset the calorie budget you have to spend each day. For specific calorie recommendations based on your age, metabolism and medical history, consult your doctor or nutritionist.