This hearty entree can easily be served instead of a meat loaf. Simply add gravy or a side of mixed vegetables.
- 4 cups mixed nuts (such as cashews, almonds and sunflower seeds)
- 1 jar Tomato Sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Amino Acid
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, optional
Grind nuts in food processor or blender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
In a small skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Mix sauteed veggies, seasonings, tomato sauce and nuts in a bowl. Stir in honey and the Braggs.
Mold nut mixture into a loaf on a cookie sheet. Bake loaf for 20 minutes or until brown in a 400 F oven.
Servings per Recipe:Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat:
Total Fat: 31g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Dietary Fiber: 6g
The FDA recommends 2000 calories a day as a reasonable average guideline for most adults. Click here to learn how you can use the Monday 2000 to reset the calorie budget you have to spend each day. For specific calorie recommendations based on your age, metabolism and medical history, consult your doctor or nutritionist.