Experience the full potential of root vegetables with this simple recipe that uses everyday kitchen staples!
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted root vegetables, such as parsnips, carrots and beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Peel and cut vegetables into 1/2″ cubes.
3. Toss the vegetables in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place on a baking sheet (you may want to line the pan with foil or spray with a cooking spray).
5. Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Vegetables are cooked when they are easily pierced by a fork. If you cut your veggies a larger than 1/2-inch dice, they may take a bit longer.
Roasted Root Vegetables
Servings per Recipe:Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat:
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 6g
The FDA recommends 2000 calories a day as a reasonable average guideline for most adults. Click here to learn how you can use the Monday 2000 to reset the calorie budget you have to spend each day. For specific calorie recommendations based on your age, metabolism and medical history, consult your doctor or nutritionist.