- 5 cups onion, finely chopped (about 5 onions)
- 1 1/3 cups olive oil
- 14 cups (3.5 quarts) summer squash, diced
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 12 oz jars jalapeno, sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups scallion, chopped
- 5 ½ cups Roma tomatoes, diced
- 22 ½ oz (about 2.5 cups) canned mild green chilies, chopped
- 3 quarts (50 oz) corn kernels, fresh or frozen, thawed
Heat ¾ cup of the oil in a large skillet and sauté the onion for about 4 minutes at medium-high heat. Add the garlic and jalapenos and sauté 2 minutes longer. Add the squash and zucchini and sauté for an additional five minutes, until softened.
Add the remaining oil with tomatoes, scallions and chilies and sauté 3 minutes longer. Stir in the tomatoes and cilantro and heat through (about 5 minutes). Season with salt. Serve hot or warm.
Santa Fe Calabacitas
Servings per Recipe:Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat:
Total Fat: 6.1g
Saturated Fat: 0.8g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7g
Vitamin A: 426.7 IU
Vitamin C: 19mg
The FDA recommends 2000 calories a day as a reasonable average guideline for most adults. Click here to learn how you can use the Monday 2000 to reset the calorie budget you have to spend each day. For specific calorie recommendations based on your age, metabolism and medical history, consult your doctor or nutritionist.