- 4 quarts peeled sweet potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 quart plus 1 cup low-salt vegetable broth
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 cups onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 ½ cups (about 40 oz) fat-free refried beans
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 50 8-inch flour tortillas
- 3 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups fat-free sour cream
- 3 cups bottled salsa
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 4 ½ cups canned black beans, drained and partially mashed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sweet potato and broth in a large, nonstick skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cover and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Add onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes. Add corn, black beans, bell pepper, cilantro and lime juice. Simmer uncovered until thoroughly heated, about 6 minutes.
Combine sweet potato mixture and refried beans in a medium bowl. Spoon ½ cup sweet potato mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place burritos in 6- 13×9 inch baking dishes and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Serve each burrito with 1 Tbsp sour cream and 1 Tbsp salsa. Sprinkle each burrito with 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro, if desired.
Sweet Potato Burritos
Servings per Recipe:Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat:
Total Fat: 4.4g
Saturated Fat: 1g
The FDA recommends 2000 calories a day as a reasonable average guideline for most adults. Click here to learn how you can use the Monday 2000 to reset the calorie budget you have to spend each day. For specific calorie recommendations based on your age, metabolism and medical history, consult your doctor or nutritionist.