- 5 cups onion, finely chopped (about 5 onions)
- 1 1/3 cups olive oil
- 14 cups (3.5 quarts) summer squash, diced
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 12 oz jars jalapeno, sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups scallion, chopped
- 5 ½ cups Roma tomatoes, diced
- 22 ½ oz (about 2.5 cups) canned mild green chilies, chopped
- 3 quarts (50 oz) corn kernels, fresh or frozen, thawed
Heat ¾ cup of the oil in a large skillet and sauté the onion for about 4 minutes at medium-high heat. Add the garlic and jalapenos and sauté 2 minutes longer. Add the squash and zucchini and sauté for an additional five minutes, until softened.
Add the remaining oil with tomatoes, scallions and chilies and sauté 3 minutes longer. Stir in the tomatoes and cilantro and heat through (about 5 minutes). Season with salt. Serve hot or warm.