June 17, 2013
- Red-Meat Intake Linked to Increased Risk of Diabetes [USA Today]
- Veg Out! Another Study Finds Vegetarians Live Longer Than Meat-Eaters [NY Daily News]
- The Occasional Vegetarian: Former Ad Man Crafts the Soft Sell for Eating Less Meat [Edible East End]
- The Ripple Effect of Meatless Monday: Can It Extend to China? [Discover]
- Mushroom Industry Heading for Record-Breaking Year [The Produce News]
- Adopt Meatless Monday for Heart Health, Says Dr. Oz Show Guest Dr. Michael Greger: [The Dr. Oz Show]
- Healthy Meatless Monday Grilling Tips [The Foodie Journal]
- Medical Journal: Docs Should Push Plant-Based Diets [Kaiser Permanente Journal]
- Vegetarian Diet Slashes Heart Disease Risk, Says Study [Nurse.com]
- Eating Greens May Make You More Optimistic [The Daily Mail]
Meatless Monday Morsels
Chef & Restaurant News
Denver's Bombay Bowl offers any bowl of meatless curry for $5 on Mondays before 6pm. The casual Indian grill's CEO explains his motivation for joining the movement. "The Meatless Monday campaign educates people about the many important health and environmental reasons for cutting back on meat consumption. We are excited to promote our meatless options to help build awareness,” says Amar Singh. Stop by try Bombay Bowl's delectable Sweet Korma Tofu, Chana Masala and Peeli Daal bowls.
The raw foodies at The Lotus Line deliver Meatless Monday lunch specials to homes and offices in Kingston, Jamaica.
Chef Kim O’Donnel shares her tips on how to make delicious veggie burgers with Anne Dolce, cook editor of The Daily Meal. Kim, author of The Meat Lover’s Meatless Cookbook series, is the first official Meatless Monday blogger. For recipe ideas, check out our Meatless Monday Burgers e-cookbook.
Want to make Meatless Monday even more epic? Every Epic Burger in Chicago celebrates Mushroom Mondays each week by offering customers 20% off their Portobello sandwich combo.