A Middle Eastern dip with an Asian flair that’s perfect to bring to potlucks. The hot chili oil adds a subtle spice and lemon juice brings a citrus tang to this zesty hummus.
This recipe comes to us from Lindsay of Cook. Vegan. Lover.
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon sesame chili oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup tahini
- salt and pepper, to taste
Place chickpeas, sesame chili oil, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and tahini together and blend until smooth.
Add 1/4-1/3 cup of the reserved chickpea liquid until the hummus has reached its desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with cut up veggies or pita bread.