The lemon in this dish refreshes your palate to contrast the tangy feta and hearty chickpea. Watch the delightful 12 year old Libby prepare this Mediterranean classic. This recipe comes to us from our friends at myrecipes.com. The video demonstration comes to us from sisters Libby, and her 16-year old director and video editor, Leah.
- 1 12 oz box rotini, cooked to desired tenderness and drained
- 4 handfuls spinach (about 3 cups), coarsely chopped
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 oz feta (about ¼ cup), crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lemon wedges, for garnish (optional)
Combine spinach, garbanzo beans, feta, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place cooked rotini in a large bowl. Ad spinach garbanzo bean mixture and stir to combine. Serve in bowls garnished lemon wedges on the side.