Makes 6 servings
A recipe for a sweet breakfast treat from Mealtime.org that’s sure to please.
- 1 can (8 1/2 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) figs in heavy syrup
- 1 can (8 1/2 ounces) sliced peaches in lite syrup or fruit juice
- 1 can (8 1/2 ounces) apricot halves in lite syrup or fruit juice
- 1 can (8 1/2 ounces) dark sweet cherries in lite syrup
- 1 can (8 1/2 ounces) tropical fruits in juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- Seltzer water, as needed
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds for garnish
Drain the fruits, but reserve 1 cup of liquid from any of fruits packed in juice or lite syrup. Combine the reserved liquid, lemon juice, chopped mint and ginger in large bowl. Add the fruits and toss lightly to coat evenly with the liquid. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours to blend the flavors.
Just before serving, add splash of seltzer water into fruits. Spoon into individual dishes or stemmed goblets. Garnish with almonds and mint sprigs.