Veggies like asparagus and green onions are naturally sweet, so showing them off is surprisingly simple. Just throw Spring’s bounty on a flattered pie crust, bake and crumble tangy feta over everything just before serving. This recipe comes to us from Donna Kelly of Apron Strings.
- a little vegetable oil, for preparing the baking sheet
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed & cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 radishes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 9-inch uncooked pie crusts
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 ounces feta cheese
Preheat an oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a light layer of vegetable oil.
Microwave the asparagus for 60-90 seconds, or until its slightly softened. Cut the radish slices in half so they resemble half circles.
Spread one of the pie crusts on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan in the center of the crust. Spoon half the asparagus, green onions and radish slices over the Parmesan in one layer. Fold up the crust around the edges of the gallette, leaving about 2 inches of crust overlapping on all edges. Brush the crust with the egg wash. Repeat with the remaining pie crust.
Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the gallettes are lightly browned. Crumble the feta over the baked gallettes and enjoy!