This parfait will help you start your day off in a healthy way, but its so delicious that you could also have it for dessert!
Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups fresh fruit in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried fruit
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups nonfat plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons toasted almonds, chopped
- 2 teaspoons bran flakes
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves, minced
Assemble a mix of fresh fruit (such as strawberries, blueberries, cherries, sliced nectarines, apricots or plums) in a medium-sized mixing bowl then add your choice of dried fruit (such as dates or figs) and mix well. Drizzle with honey. In another mixing bowl, blend together the yogurt and cottage cheese. Divide the creamy mixture among four bowls then ladle a quarter of the fruit mixture on top of each. Sprinkle with nuts and bran flakes, then garnish with mint.