This chickpea salsa has so many brilliant flavors of summer you can eat it straight and not miss the chips. For a heartier salsa, try using black beans instead of chickpeas. This recipe comes to us from Jayne of Wise Eats.
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 17 ounce can of corn
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a large bowl, mix together the chickpeas, corn, tomatoes, avocado and red onion.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
Add dressing to the chickpeas mixture. Cover bowl and chill and at least one hour.