- 4 quarts peeled sweet potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 quart plus 1 cup low-salt vegetable broth
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 cups onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 ½ cups (about 40 oz) fat-free refried beans
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 50 8-inch flour tortillas
- 3 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups fat-free sour cream
- 3 cups bottled salsa
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 4 ½ cups canned black beans, drained and partially mashed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sweet potato and broth in a large, nonstick skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cover and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Add onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes. Add corn, black beans, bell pepper, cilantro and lime juice. Simmer uncovered until thoroughly heated, about 6 minutes.
Combine sweet potato mixture and refried beans in a medium bowl. Spoon ½ cup sweet potato mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place burritos in 6- 13×9 inch baking dishes and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Serve each burrito with 1 Tbsp sour cream and 1 Tbsp salsa. Sprinkle each burrito with 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro, if desired.