This week Dana Visser of To Cheese or Not to Cheese? demonstrates how she makes her original Warm Apple Pie Oats.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 tbsp margarine spread
- 1/2 chopped organic apple
- 1/4 vanilla bean seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 c ground flax seed
- 1/4 c chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 small slices fresh apple sprinkled with cinnamon (per serving)
- 1 tsp (per serving) brown sugar
1. Heat margarine in small pot and add chopped apple and stir until apples a little soft.
2. Add vanilla bean seeds & cinnamon stick and let simmer for about 2 minutes.
3. Add almond milk and water and let come to a boil.
4. Add oats, flax seed, walnuts and salt.
5. Stir occasionally until you get a creamy consistency.
6. Serve and garnish with apple slices, cinnamon and brown sugar.