Makes 12 muffins
Don’t throw away those bananas that have gotten all brown and squishy! They might not work in sack lunches anymore, but they’re perfect for baking.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 bananas (about 2/3 cup mashed)
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mash the bananas in medium bowl then add the maple syrup, orange juice, oil, ginger, and lemon zest. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle then pour in the liquid ingredients. Stir until ingredients are just mixed then spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.