Makes 6 servings
Tofu replaces heavy cream in this flavorful no-cook sauce, which is warmed when you toss with the hot cooked pasta.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound dried ziti
- 1 cup silken tofu, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. When water boils, add salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine remaining ingredients except parsley and process until smooth, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of pasta water to thin sauce to desired consistency. Drain pasta and transfer to serving bowl. Spoon sauce over pasta and toss to mix. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.